Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Lagging...

I need to make sure I start posting more than once a month. I swear I'll try to post at least once a week so these posts don't get so friggin' long.

I'm well into the Winter quarter here at UCSD and things are as expected: hectic. That's what I get for trying to take a full load of clases and train at a high level for triathlon all at the same time.

Thankfully, my swim is FINALLY starting to come around. I had a few breakthrough sessions recently and my "feel" for the water is improving rapidly as is my pacing. As an example, I dropped 12 seconds off my threshold pace in one week. I'm pretty excited.

On a personal note, my Grandfather on my Dad's side moved out of his house and into a "Senior Living" apartment complex so he could be near my Granmother, who's currently in a nursing home due to a degenerating vertebral column. too many years of inactivity and your body just starts to deteriorate. I'm touched by his commitment to her after all those years of marriage. We'd all be lucky find someone that cares for us that much.

Anyway, off to P-Chem (Thermodynamics) . Ugh...

No comments: