Sunday, November 25, 2007

Don't Stop Me Now.....

I don't think I know how to relax. Seriously. Thanksgiving Weekend came and went and I find myself needing a vacation from my vacation. Here's why:

Tuesday (11/20):
Working on a Physical Chemistry assignment all day. Got in a cool 1.5 hour night ride with some guys from SoCal Trail Riders. They showed me some singletrack I didn't know existed and I had a great time riding with them.

Wed:
Up early, breakfast, dropped off my assignment, packed up my Jeep (and my cat) and headed up to Mom and Dad's in "OC" for some of Mom's bomb-ass cooking. My friends say she could cook dog food and it would taste good.

Thursday (Thanksgiving):
Up early (again) and got in a 1 hr 44 minute ride in Chino Hills State Park. I ran into an older friend of mine that I hadn't seen in 5 years. It was great to see him, but I was saddened to have him tell me about his heart attack and subsequent pace-maker installation. He still rides, but mentioned that he has good days and bad days. This must've been a bad one, because he got dizzy around mile 4 and had to go home. Poor guy...

Friday-Saturday:
"Slept in" until 8, packed up my gear and headed out to Fullerton for "Le Tour de Tryptophan". A 24-Hour MTB ride around the famous Fullerton loop. Proceeds go to benefit Pro MTB'er Tara Llanes, who had a bad crash in September and fractured a few vertebrae. She was initially paralyzed from the waist down, but has since regained some mobility. There's to much for a full race report, but I did 9 laps with the winner completing 17 and setting a new unofficial record. Animal.

Sunday:
Woke up REALLY early and got to the Turkey Tri at 4:30 to volunteer. I was helping with bike course set-up and take down and, thankfully, they let me drive the truck instead of climbing in and out and lifting heavy stuff all day. I managed to smack my head on the rear view mirror and give myself an impressive scrape on my forehead. It's pretty. Gonna go watch "The Amazing Race" and then pass out.

Plans for next season are coming, I swear....

E

No comments: