Friday, November 30, 2007

2008 Season

With the 2007 race season in the books and my off-season nearly complete, it's time to plan ahead for the 2008 season. Some races I'm planning on doing have yet to finalize their dates, but below is what I'm planning on doing.

The big change is that my main goal will shift from qualifying for Xterra USA Championships (which I did :D) to qualifying for Xterra World Championships in Maui. It's the next logical step, but it's going to be a tough battle.

To qualify for World's, I have to be top 3 in my age group at one of the regional events during the season. That'll be harder this year, because I'm racing against James, who wound up 8th amateur at last year's World's. I don't have to beat him, but I'll have to get close if I plan on making top 3 at a regional.

Anyway, here's the schedule. See you out there.

3/1 Vision Quest Endurance MTB Race
3/30 Xterra REAL. Granite Bay, CA
4/20? Xterra Castaic. Castaic Lake, CA
4/26 Arizona Xtreme Off Road Triathlon. Mesa, AZ
5/18 Xterra West Championships. Temecula, CA
6/22? Xterra Tahoe City. Tahoe City, CA
7/27 Crested Butte Bank Trails Triathlon. Crested Butte, CO (tentative)
8/3 Xterra Snow Valley. Big Bear, CA
9/7 City of Los Angeles Triathlon. Los Angeles, CA (tentative)
10/5 Xterra USA Championships. Incline Village, NV
10/26 Xterra World Championships. Maui, HI

I might throw in some MTB races in place of hard workouts in the early season as well as June and July since there isn't much going on in the triathlon world during those months. I'm also contemplating as early season 10k as a fitness test in mid-March.

That's all for now. Back to the books.
E

No comments: