Monday, November 5, 2007

Midterms, Colds and 12 Hour Races, Oh my!

The title says it all. I have three classes this quarter and I took my first midterm last Thursday. I have one tomorrow and one Thursday (currently Monday) and I'm deep in the throes of my annual cold. It is cold and flu season, and no matter how hard I try, I always manage to get some kind of bug around the same time every year. I'm sure I got it from campus, since everyone's sick right now. Dorms are notorious for being breeding grounds for all kinds of nasty germs and I've been studying at the library quite a bit. I'm sure I picked something up from one of the desks on class and rubbed my eye at the exact wrong moment. I wish college kids washed their hands more or that maintenance wiped stuff down with disinfectant.

Anyway, the fires are mostly out and our friend, the marine layer, has come back. It's overcast and cool almost all day and I'm actually wearing pants every once in a while. As opposed to shorts you perv...

As for the 12 hour racing part, I few racing buddies and I are racing in the 12 Hours of Temecula. It's basically a relay where you and your team mates trade laps for 12 hours and the team with the most laps in the shortest amount of time, wins. I did a 24-hour race in March, and had a blast, hopefully this will be as much fun. http://www.12hrsoftemecula.com/

Which brings up the fact that I have lots of fun racing endurance events like the Vision Quest (http://www.warriorssociety.org/events/vision_quest_general_info.html) and 12 and 24-hour races that I'm seriously considering trying a 24-hour race SOLO! We'll see about that.

As for training, it's off-season, which means I'm all about 'burgers and beers. Look for upcoming posts to talk about plans for next season. I should start my prep in early December after a long break.
Ciao

No comments: