Thursday, September 18, 2008

It's Official...

My season is over.

The calf/ soleus problem I've been having is getting worse. It's progressed from painful anfd tight to cramping and spasm-ing.

I'm sad to have to pull the plug on my season (teared up when I e-mailed my coach), but I'm afraid of causing permanent damage. If I haven't already.

So my off-season starts now. I might do the "Le Tour de Tryptophan": 24 hours at the Fullerton Loop Thanksgiving weekend, but no more "racing" until 2009.

This weekend, Holly and I are heading out to Idyllwild to watch Luke race the 24 Hours of Adrenaline. We're trying to get a cowbell.

E.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

The Path had Kona cowbells for awhile. Not really "on the way", but if it's your only shot.

Hope the calf heals up.

Luke said...

you're gonna want that cowbell....you're gonna want that track!! lol!

jameson said...

tough decision dude... btut probably better off in the long run.

can you still ride?

have fun this weekend... drink enough beers and scream at luke for me!

Zippy said...

"I gotta feevah...and the only cuah...is more cow-bell"

GW said...

Sorry to hear your season ends this way. Best of luck next year and enjoy the off-season.