Sunday, February 22, 2009

Shakin' it up!

So the first Build week is out of the way and I'm friggin' drilled. I haven't been this tried in a long, long time and sometimes I forget just how hard you work during this point of the season. Whoa.

This week, I moved some workouts around so I could spend more time in the pool and running since those are clearly my weak points in races. A few posts back I mentioned that if I could bridge the gap to the front swim pack, it would mean more time saved overall since I'd be drafting off fast guys on the bike. So into the pool and off to the running track I must go...

I managed over 12k yards in the pool this week and almost 30 miles running. All good stuff and bound to help out when it comes time to race.

Sunday, I hooked up with "The Mann Show" at Daley Ranch for some MTB fun. Only it just hurt since Justin and Allison killed me all morning long...then took off after an hour, D'oh! No worries, I cranked the tunes and just "zoned out". By the time I hit the 3-hour mark, I was ready to call it a day as my left quad started cramping. I was determined to get the work in, though, and it felt better after a quick stretch. Random trail photo...

So next week is more of the same...pain and fatigue. I'm racing the Bonelli US-Cup race Sunday against Justin (who kicked my ass the last two times I rode with him) and possibly James. Already a stacked field! I feel sorry for the other racers showing up! :D

4 comments:

jameson said...

dude... the race on Sunday is going to be tough for sure. I'm kind of looking forward to the pain... it's been way too long!

keep up the consistency!

Unknown said...

thanks for the compliments.

Sunday's race should be fun. i don't really have any expectations other than that it will hurt really bad. it will be my first race in expert. i hope to just hang on! 3 laps o' pain!

Luke said...

i don't think there are gonna be many slackers in the 25-29 ag either. it'll be a tough race for sure.

Pedal Circles said...

It's the first CA State series race, first US Cup west race... it's gonna be stacked either way. At least your competition signed up. The women don't pre-reg and then don't get their legs marked.

Sup wit dat?