Sunday, February 1, 2009

Taking the Plunge

No, not the famous hill on the Xterra Maui course, but my own coaching business.

Terrifying and exhilarating all at the same time. Cross your fingers and let's hope I get someone willing to pay me. :D

Training's been going fairly well: this past block was run-focused and I'm seeing some great improvements in my pace at aerobic HR zones - sweet!

I ramped up the cycling intensity over the last two weeks and my legs are less than happy with me, but I know the work I'm purtting in will pay off in the long run.

Speaking of cycling work: a group of us did a Counting Coup pre-ride yesterday. I was n the middle of a high-volume week, but knew I had a solid ride in me if I stayed on top of my nutrition...no such luck. I ran out of "snap" about 1/2 way through and suffered through the rest of the ride - just one of those days.

I could certainly feel yesterday's ride on my long run today: slogging it out for 90 minutes is never fun, but I got it done. The recovery swim felt better than any of my swims all week...strange.

Yeah, swimming didn't go so great this week: I bailed on my Monday swim 45 minutes in due to lane overcrowding (6 people!). I was so focused on not hitting someone I wasn't focusing on my stroke, got mad at the situation and got out. No more 6 AM Master's. Wednesday we did a one-hour swim. I wasn't physically ready for anything of that nature and lost count after 2100 yards; a complete waste of time. Friday I swam by myself and just mindlessly ground the yards out. Meh. Today felt way better and I have no idea why. *shrug*

So check out the coaching site, let me know your thoughts on it and wish me luck!

One more week and then some recovery. Thank God because I'm thrashed right now.

E.

3 comments:

Pedal Circles said...

Man, I'm so excited about my regen week this week. I know by Friday I'll be itching to get out of Z1, but right now it sounds like a VERY good idea ;)

Maybe next time we ride together we'll actually get to see each other once!

jameson said...

you were riding solid on Saturday dude.... and as always ruled the descents!

good luck with the coachin.

GW said...

Cool to hear about the coaching. Wish I had some $ and solid job these days...